What is the BIBbq Group?

At work we have a group of guys that enjoy to go out to lunch every day. There had been several debate to which is Atlanta's best BBQ restaurant . We decided to hit up a different BBQ restaurant each week and rate several aspects of the experience to determine what is truly the Best In BBQ in Atlanta. Thus the BIBbq group was born.

Each week the group will visit a different BBQ restaurant. We are currently located near Perimeter Mall, so we are starting off with the restaurants within a 10 mile radius. We will rate the restaurant on the following categories: Main Dish Taste, Main Dish Tenderness, Sauce, Side Items, Service, Atmosphere, Cost and an Overall rating.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Who Are We

Matt
My main dish of choice is Beef and Ribs. When beef is not available (why wouldn't it be) I will go with Chicken. I will always get the Brunswick stew. I prefer it thicker with chunks. I will also get a Mac and Cheese when available.

I love to try new food. I will try anything at least once. If I do not like a visit to a restaurant I tend to give it a second chance. I don't have a simple pallet, I like my foods to have flavor. If something is dull or bland I will find some hot sauce or condiment to spice it up.

Mason
I choose to go with the traditional pulled pork and ribs. I feel that you should be able to judge the character of a BBQ joint on these two things alone. I always get the Brunswick Stew as a side. I am from the south so I am personally offended when somebody gets BBQ wrong! If you don't know how to cook real BBQ then don't claim to be a BBQ resaurant. Just call yourself a neighborhood grill.

I do not believe in saying something is great or awful. There is a lot of grey area for me. Every restaurant has its strengths. I love cooking BBQ on my own as well, so I love to see the different ways that people come up with when cooking BBQ.

Dan
My dish of choice is pulled pork and ribs. If I had to choice between the two, I would typically pick ribs, but why pick when you can have both?

When it comes to pork, I prefer the chopped pork over the ticker chunks. When it comes to ribs, tenderness and flavor are the two top items needed and when a place can get both right, I am a happy man. I'm not big on the sides, but as long as a bbq places has fries or chips, I'm good.

At the end of November Peter joined the group
Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment